Our Vision & Mission
Now students are engaged themselves in laptops, cell phones, and iPods. They have a keen curiosity in using such devices for games, chatting etc. My vision is to use these modern technologies for betterment. They have to learn by game. My aim is getting by game. We can acknowledge that most of our students have powerful devices on them that give them instant and constant access to this cloud (including almost any answer to almost any multiple choice question you can imagine).
We can welcome laptops, cell phones, and iPods into our classrooms, not as distractions, but as powerful learning technologies. We can use them in ways that empower and engage students in real world problems and activities, leveraging the enormous potentials of the digital media environment that now surrounds us. When students are engaged in projects that are meaningful and important to them, and that make them feel meaningful and important, they will enthusiastically turn off their cell phones and laptops to grapple with the most difficult texts and take on the most rigorous tasks.
My mission as an educator is to:
- Empower my students to become active learners.
- Develop skills as life-long learners, critical thinkers and cooperative learners.
- Challenge each student to reach their highest potential.
- Encourage students to strive academically and behaviorally.
- Be a conscious model of moral and ethical behavior.
- Create a classroom with a positive and safe environment.
- Respect each student as an individual.
- Be fair and impartial when student behavior is in question.
- Recognize self-discipline and good citizenship skills in myself and my students.